Thursday, March 10, 2011

Paint it!

Tonight I had two projects, one was build a base for the vacuform machine and the other was painting of my masks.  I didn't think to take pictures of the vacuform base, but I did get a couple of pics of the mask.

I chose to paint the mask I got from Chaing Mai, Thailand.  There really isn't much to talk about other than I used regular acrylic paint and a light top coat of Design Master walnut wood toner.  It took two to three hours and was almost getting too cold to work, but I was too much in the "zone."

Here is the pic of the foam mask before it was painted as seen in my last post:


  Here is what the real mask looks like:


Here is a comparison of the real one, and the one I painted:


And here are two close ups of the paitned mask!




The biggest difference is that the original was gold leafed and I just had boring old paint, anyways, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment